Sunday, November 6, 2011

Updates on the way

So it has been awhile since I last updated this blog.  I've got a few developments.

First, I took a break from the music visualizations to compose some Christmas music.  This is a project I've been wanting to do for some time now yet it keeps getting put off every year.  This year, things are different.  I started the project shortly after the raindrops animation I did in the middle of July.  About 3 months later, the project is complete and ready for commercial release.

This will be my first professionally produced album.  I've been composing for about 16 years now.  Most of my older works revolved around the piano at first until I got Cakewalk 5 for Christmas and a small keyboard to compose on the computer.  I started by layering MIDI instruments and figuring out my process from there.

So fast forward to today and I'm now equipped with Cakewalk SONAR X1 and some amazing instruments from the Vienna Symphonic Library collection.  My small keyboard consisting of 49 keys has grown to a full digital stage piano and my arrangements have matured as well.

The release date for the CD is November 9th and it is entitled Midnight Christmas.  The album is being distributed by CD Baby and should be available for sale from them, Amazon, iTunes, and many other locations.  I'll update links as they become available here:  CD Baby  Amazon



Finally, I've also started up a new website to compliment this blog and provide a more professional outlet for displaying my work.  I will still maintain and continue to update this blog and my YouTube channel.

The website is still under construction and should be completed in the next week or two but you can check out its development.  Also, check out my CD!  It would make a great Christmas gift. :)

www.livemusicvisuals.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Music Visuals: Galaxy v2.0 - Burning Bridges

Still working through Unity2019 and all the preview packages.  Trying to get some cool space stuff that reacts to music.  Second attempt h...