Thursday, April 17, 2014

Redwood Symphony Orchestra performance - this Saturday, 8pm

So the big performance is finally here.  My work will be exhibited live during the Redwood Symphony Orchestra's rendition of "A Short Ride in a Fast Machine" by John Adams.

The concert is this Saturday, 8pm at Canada College in Redwood City.  If you're in the area, come check it out.  I promise it will be an incredible evening of entertainment.

Concert details are available here:
http://www.redwoodsymphony.org/concerts/2013-14/concert5-2013.html

For those interested in some of my inspiration, check out the Chemical Brother's Guitar Star.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S43IwBF0uM

I first saw that video when I was an undergrad at Ohio State.  The work captivated me then and now my latest project draws from this work and pushes it into real-time.  If you like what you see there, then you will really want to come check out this concert.

Eight microphones will be setup amongst the orchestra to capture the different instrument groups. Different visuals like houses, trees, buildings, skyscrapers, and clouds will react to the instrument groups.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Music Visuals: Galaxy v2.0 - Burning Bridges

Still working through Unity2019 and all the preview packages.  Trying to get some cool space stuff that reacts to music.  Second attempt h...